next lesson we are going to watch some parts of the fabulous film Lost in Translation. I'm sure that some of you have already seen it. It's an interesting film to discuss some ideas related to the topic we have been dealing with. Here you can read about it or watch the trailer. Have fun!
Bob Harris is an American film actor, far past his prime. He visits Tokyo to appear in commercials, and he meets Charlotte, the young wife of a visiting photographer. Bored and weary, Bob and Charlotte make ideal if improbable travelling companions. Charlotte is looking for "her place in life," and Bob is tolerating a mediocre stateside marriage. Both separately and together, they live the experience of the American in Tokyo. Bob and Charlotte suffer both confusion and hilarity due to the cultural and language differences between themselves and the Japanese. As the relationship between Bob and Charlotte deepens, they come to the realization that their visits to Japan, and one another, must soon end.
First one to comment. xD
ReplyDeleteI didn't watch that movie yet, but after checking the trailer, I'm really looking forward to watch it...
Are watching the full movie?
Are we watching the full movie? (correction)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteFor the tittle in Portugal...I pray to not be a boring romantic drama! xP
ReplyDeleteI have this DVD in home, but I never watched it because I dislike this kind of movies, never caught my attention.
PS: Teacher, you could bring some popcorn!
Just kidding ;)