Saturday, 9 October 2010

Who am I?

Dear students, this is your first assignment: write a short text about your interests, family, friends, school life... I'm looking forward to reading about you. Please, consider the following text about me as a model, but be creative and original as far as possible. You can send me your text through e-mail or show it to me in class to be corrected. You should post your assignment by 30th October.  Have fun!
Hello! My name is JoanaN and I live somewhere near a castle. I was born some months before John Lennon was shot. I've been a teacher for eight years and I love what I do.
In my free time I like going to the seaside for a walk, I play, sing and draw with my son and I read. Reading is one of my favourite hobbies. Last summer I read four books. The best was "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown. I can't think of anything better to do than lying in the sun on the beach with a good book.
Like most of you, I also like music. I listen to almost every kind of music depending on the situation. Diana Krall is one of my favourite singers, but I also like U2, Pearl Jam, Coldplay and there are fabulous new Portuguese bands. As a result of two memorable trips to Brazil, I also like Bossa Nova. I usually say that once you go to Brazil, you’ll never be the same. It’s a wonderful country!
Travelling is one of my passions. Saint Augustine said “the World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page” and I couldn’t agree more. We really grow when we meet new cultures and new people. In the near future I’d like to visit Paris and Greece.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joana! First of all I'd like to congratulate you for this wonderful iniciative, I think it's great that you're trying to motivate your students this way. As a brazilian I feel flattered by your opinion about my country. It really is true, once you go there you change forever. Please continue blogging, I'm looking forward to reading your students posts! Sincerely, Michelle (one of your students sister)

    ReplyDelete